– Houston has two major airports with commercial passenger service: George Bush Intercontinental Airport (26 miles north of downtown) and Hobby Airport (14 miles south of downtown). Both offer bus and shuttle bus service at regular intervals to specific locations within the Houston Metropolitan area. Both also offer taxi and limousine services. Ellington Field (15 miles south of downtown) offers private and corporate aviation services only.
– Both of the large airports are serviced by all major car rental companies. At Hobby Airport, service counters are located in the baggage claim areas and buses and shuttle vans are available to transport you from the terminal to the individual car company sites. At George Bush Intercontinental Airport, a common shuttle bus system marked "Rental Car Shuttle" will transport you from your terminal to a centralized facility where all car rental companies are located.
– Houston also has METRORail, a convenient rail system that connects downtown to the Museum District and Texas Medical Center. It also connects to METRO's Airport Direct Passenger Plaza where buses depart every 30 minutes to Bush Intercontinental Airport.
Visit Fly 2 Houston
for more information about our airports.
The Houston Metropolitan area offers a wide variety of travel lodging for every budget. Whether you prefer a hotel, motel, bed and breakfast, resort or long term rental – you can find what you need in Houston. Pick the type of accommodations you require and see listings of quality sites all over the greater Houston area.
Visit the Houston Visitors
accommodations page where you can browse lodging by location.
Houston, the fourth largest city in the United States, has something for everyone – from kids to adults.
There are restaurants of every kind, multiple art and cultural venues, a variety of professional sports teams, and yearly events such as the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo and the Houston Marathon. Houston is also a world class shopping destination.
– No matter what type of cuisine you desire, there are numerous choices available. Here are a couple of websites to help you identify the best ones for your location and taste. To browse by location, try the Houston Visitors
restaurants page, or to browse by category, go to the Houston Restaurants
– A sports lover's paradise, Houston has everything from professional to college to interscholastic events. Professional sports include football (Houston Texans), baseball (Houston Astros), basketball (Houston Rockets), hockey (Houston Aeros) and soccer (Houston Dynamo).
– Houston's Museum District has a full complement of art museums, galleries and cultural institutions. The Downtown Theater District has an active visual and performing arts scene including ballet, theatre and symphony companies.
– For the kids, Houston offers the Houston Zoo and the Children's Museum. Another favorite attraction is the nearby Space Center Houston.
For more information about Houston, visit the Official Visitors Site